Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Putting the Moves On

Wednesday, February 22nd: 3:15 - 5:15

Listened to: Freestyle on Radio CBC, City & Colour

People Delivered to: 3

Conversations: 1 (two half conversations really. I tried to start two separate conversations with two different people, but neither of them bit. It was awkward, which brings me to...)

Moments of Awkwardness: 2 (getting trapped in a flight of stairs comes to mind)

Judgments Passed on the Driving Skills of Others: 1 (more of a judgment on a building with no loading zone out front)

Own Bad Driving Moments: 1

Things Learnt: Playing the upright base is called "Plucking the Gut"

Celebrities Seen: 0 Real; 1 Local (a seven foot, one-armed basketball player at the University)

Memorable Moments:

One of the ladies on my route is just really sweet and it was nice to see her today. She was very happy today. Just a lot of fun.

There was a story on the radio about Todd Bertuzzi playing street hockey with a bunch of kids after the Canadian hockey team got eliminated from the Olympics. Apparently he was showing them a few moves, but I was unsure of the explanation by the radio announcer. He said that Bertuzzi was "putting the moves on some kids." I thought that was illegal. But it is Italy. And I really didn't know Bertuzzi was like that. I thought he just crippled people. Live and learn, I guess. Live and learn.

5 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my sister just let me copy her City & Colour CD. It's awesome. My sister's a self-professed music snob. She only listens to bands that no-one else knows. I'm very privelaged that she shared her CD with me, cause she doesn't let just anyone even listen to it. I'll have to tell her that you know the CD, she might stop liking it if she thinks it's getting popular. Haha. I'll tell her you have good music judgment to and I'm sure she'll get over it. Have a good Thursday.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Andrew v. said...

City & Colour is great. Dallas Green is a really good musician. I might have to go out and actually buy that one, or I'll burn a copy off yours Jim bahaha. And dont be hatin' on the Todd, he's a kind hearted guy!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger JEK said...

Who cripples people.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger JEK said...

I agree that City and Colour are excellent. I found out about them from MuchMusic though so I don't know how secret they are. Unlike Bertuzzi's apparent love of boys. That was quite secret.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I can't believe you're picking on Todd. That's just wrong. :P I'm sure he's a lovely person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home