Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Tuesday, August 8th

I have taken a break, a very long one. I hadn't been recording any of the details of this job for a long time but I decided to once again. So, once again, I will update my blog.

Listened to: Freestyle, Dashboard Confessional, Keane (the new one!), Snow Patrol

Delivered to: 10

Kilometres Driven: 96

Conversations had: 1

Moments of Awkwardness: 2

Judgments Passed on Others: 0 (a good start for this new phase of blogging)

Things Learnt: The band Arrested Development sued the TV station that put Arrested Development on the air for name rights or some garbage like that. This is a hard situation because "Mr. Wendall" and "Everyday People" and "Tennesee" were all good songs. But the TV show was pretty much the funniest show ever. The best cast. I'm unsure as to who I would side with. So, like all important decisions in life, I will choose whatever side Malcolm Jamal Warner chooses. Such is life.

Memorable Moments: This one was from last Friday but it was so cool, I had to post it for this day. I have mentioned that I have sighted quasi-celebrities from our local radio stations and whatnot. Today, there was a REAL celeb spotting. I didn't notice them though. It was my friend Ian. We were sitting in Subway with Brent and Ian says, "Hey, it's Shane Doan (or some other roughly equivocal expression)." So I turned and saw this huge guy with a kid and they were getting sandwiches. Apparently, he's some sort of hockey player. I would not want to skate against the man, that's all I can say.

There was this house I delivered to in the outskirts of town. It was a fairly dry climate and the lawn had not been watered for awhile. As I stepped beside the lawn, I swear the entire thing just seemed to jump in different directions and scatter. It was full of grasshoppers, more than I've ever seen. It was kind of cool. Then, on my way out, the lawn jumped again but there were some that were headed in the direction of my car. And Battlecat had his windows open. So, I spent the next little while driving down the highway with a few grasshoppers staring at me in my rear view mirror and hopping to different exotic locales within my car. I stopped at a gas station and shooed them all out. But now they're all seperated from their families. Sucks to be them.

Tears Shed: One single, dramatic tear down the right side of my face, which I wiped off and gave to the grasshopper as a symbol of my sorrow. He just jumped away, forsaking my gift. Monster.