Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thursday, March 2nd

Listened to: Freestyle on Radion CBC, Licoln (not Punky) Brewster

People Delivered to: 14

Conversations had (excluding weather and work): 1 (and I think this is just wishful thinking)

Moments of Awkwardness: 4 (I counted one event as two because I was forced to go into a hospital, which creeps me out and makes me feel sick and all that stuff. It must stem from my childhood. I actually covered my mouth with my arm on the way down the elevator because it smelled like sick!)

Judgments Passed on the Driving Skills of Others: 2

My Own Bad Driving Moments: 1

Things I Laughed at which I Probably Shouldn't Have: 2

Things Learnt: Dogs don't listen when you "shush" them
Margaret Atwood is lazy and potentially germaphobic
Hospitals are creepy and nothing like they are portrayed in shows like "Scrubs" and "The West Wing"

Chipmunks Chased: Sadly, none.

Memorable Moments:

There was this song on Freestyle that was K-OS and the CBC Radio orchestra making sweet, sweet music together. It was called "Burning to Shine" or something like that. It was good. I think more hip-hop artists should do stuff with orchestras. Oh wait, then it would probably suck because most of them suck.

There was this girl at Starbucks who got a water in one of their plastic "Frappe" cups and asked for a lid because the regular coffee lids did not fit it. She got one, then went to the sugar/cream station in the back and did a bunch of stuff. I was putting my fixings into my coffee and saw her accidentally throw her lid into the garbage. She stopped, looked into the garbage, looked around, looked into the garbage, looked round again, repeated this several times over and then just grabbed a straw and left. It was humourous, but I also felt bad for her. She was clearly very new to Starbucks and, like being new to anything, did not feel comfortable there and did not know what to do. So, yes, I laughed, but I then felt badly about it.

Lastly, being in the hospital was more creepy than memorable but it makes the cut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home