Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wednesday, September 13th

Listened to: First 14 chapters of the Gospel of John, Freestyle

Delivered to: 10

Conversations had: 0

Moments of Awkwardness: 1

Judgments Passed: Like 7, all on co-workers of my delivery job, which is unfair because it was a very stressful day in the ol' office place.

Things Learnt: The water to wine passage found in John 2 has an interesting connection (I think, it struck me this way anyway) to us passing from law to life. The fellow at the wedding says about the wine Jesus transformed, "You have saved the best for last." Jesus took water, something good, and changed it into wine, something better for the context of a wedding celebration. The Biblical law is something that was put into place and was good, still is good, but Jesus is better. And just like at the wedding, God has saved the best for last with sending his Son to us. Why not do it as soon as Adam and Eve sinned? I don't know. To us, it makes little sense. But he has saved the best for last.

Memorable Moments: It rained. I like rain.

Gas passed: Eight (eight what? I'll leave that up to you, the reader, to decide)

4 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

!!Wow!! Jim I'm always amazed by your daily moments of your day to day expirience..
Puts a smile on my face on the other hand I am going to be on the worship team, the Lord had it all work'd out before I even knew it happen'd... That's my praise report for this week... I also just like to say you have some intresting moments in your delivery trips !huh! cool

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

please update your blog...
Or write me an email...
:-(
or do both...

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Savage said...

hey man, its good to here that you'r still alive. I love your blog set up. tres cool. but not in a french sort of way in any shape or form... just thought I would clarify that. I though I would change my blog and email... gmail, rather, to invite those that I rarely speak to or desire not to on a regular basis. Do not worry cause you certainly do not lump into these categories, except when you come to town and not call me... tres not cool. I will certainly leave as many rude and obcene comments on your blog, not to tarnish the character of the site but rather to remind all that view it what truly stange and weird company you keep. Feel free to do the same on mine (I really thought no one would ever read it... how embarassing)... I'll have to change it a little so even small children will be allowed to read the content.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Savage said...

dude... its almost november... update...
sorry gotta go... kids chewed through their straps again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home