Saturday, March 18, 2006

Friday, March 17th

Listened to: Stars, Madly Off in all Directions, The National Playlist, Backstreet Boys, Freestyle, Bloc Party

Quote of the Day: "In a room that had a postcard on the door of Marini's Little Man with an erection on a horse. It always leaves me laughing"
-this made me feel weird when I heard it on Freestyle. It's a Spirit of the West song called "If Venice is Sinking". It was catchy, but, uh, yeah.

Delivered to: 38

Conversations had: 3

Awkward Moments: 5

Judgments Passed on the Driving Skills of Others: 3 (and one was an Army truck, so I passed it in secret. Even though it's not like they had any guns, they would just come and peacekeep me.)

My Own Bad Driving Moments: 0 (I'm either doing really well, or I don't notice how bad I am. I was trained by Young Drivers of Canada! Gosh, they'd be proud.)

Things Learnt: Poodles do not fly
Apparently, at this very moment, there are upwards of 22,000 gray whales swimming past Vancouver and nobody is trying to ride one.

Memorable Moments: I think we can all agree that apartment buildings all come with a certain smell. In the past, I have found it oddly comforting. I think it's because my grandma has always lived in an apartment and we would visit her there often. But, every now and then, there can be an apartment building that has an awful, straight out of the pits of hell, smell. Today, there were two that were, let's say, less than pleasant. The first one smelled like someone had left a week old thing or orange juice by a heating vent in the lobby. It was faint, but present. The other one. Gross. The lobby and stairwell smelled like someone had taken a dump, didn't want it to go to waste, thinned it out with a bunch of tan coloured paint and then smeared it all over the walls for decorating purposes. It was all wrong.

One building complex I deliver to has a very long hallway that I have to walk down to get to my regular. There are doors lining either side and they all have doorbells with pretty little lights on them. One of the doors even has wind chimes on it. On my way back down, I actually had to fight the very strong urge to run down the hallway while pressing all the doorbells and chiming the wind chimes, all while giggling to myself. It wreally would have been fun but I go there every week and I'm 26. I figured that it wouldn't be for the best. Stupid restraint.

Number of Times I Desired to be a Child Again: At least 4, but probably more.

2 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger Court said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well this week. Hope to have you back in tip top form for next week.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger JEK said...

Tip, top and ready for action. As long as I dont eat more bad meat. yeah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home