Thursday, November 09, 2006

Friday, Nov. 3rd

I have not updated in a while but I have been keping track for a long time. It has now arrived at an overwhelming point if I were to try and write down all that I've kept track of, so I will start with my most recent ones and that is all I will do.

Listened to: K-OS, BC Almanac (which surprised me because I really hate this show), some radio drama about soldiers in Afganistan that replaced one of my favourite shows (I do not like it), Pete Yorn, Freestyle, All Points West (it was a CBC radio day)

Delivered to: 33

Conversations had: 1

Moments of Awkwardness: 1

Judgments Passed: 4

Things Learnt: My favourite radio show, Monsoon House, about an Indo-Canadian family that run a publishing company and all the hijinx that result, is now over. Replaced by the aforementioned war drama. I am unhappy.

There is a new pitcher coming out of Japan that can apparently throw a Gyro Ball, an elusive pitch that does strange things that no one has been able to master yet. There is a reported bidding war going on between baseball teams of around $30 million just to talk with the guy. I bet the Yankees get him.

There is a dessert called "Fried Coke" which is a deep fried (Surprise!) donut type thing that tastes like Coca Cola. It's from America's South. Shocker.

Memorable Moments: There is a lady I deliver to every Friday who I end up chatting with for awhile each time I deliver to her. She is always a highlight of my day. I don't know how it came up, but I was able to tell her that she was always one of the highlights of my Friday deliveries. It felt nice to say that.

My regular lunch compadre, my dear and close friend Brent, was not able to make it for lunch this Friday. He was going to a Women of Faith Conference. Good friend, confused guy. Anyway, because of him not being there, I was able to have a nice lunch of sushi with my wife after she had her therapeutic massage. It was good to have lunch with her. We talked, ate stuff and enjoyed each other's company. Then we went to the Starbuck's drive-thru which I will never do again. Not because they were bad, but because it defeats the purpose of the coffee shop experience. For me, anyway.

At one house I delivered to, when the door was opened, I was greeted by a nice older lady and a waft of pot smoke. I found humour there.

Oh, and my friend Brent actually was driving his wife and their friend down to the conference. He's not confused. About that, anyway. Sorry Brent. Like you even read this.

4 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome - old ladies and pot - funnsy stuff. At the W of F conference in Calgary there were guys there - like 2 of them - i net they felt awkward. In fact I think on the second day, one of them didn't show - chicken.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I had a good laugh about Brent's "confusion" even though I knew exactly what he was doing down there heh.
It's always nice to be able to say something nice to someone. I rather enjoy it. :-)

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger RobynRenee said...

I also found humour in Brent's "confusion" since I was the friend that he drove down with his wife. Their were men their as staff and performers. One of the men in one of the bands got pulled out of the line to enter Canada and interrogated because he said he was going to a women's conference. Apaprently the border control didn't think it was very funny :)

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Savage said...

The drive through starbucks are for people like me who have very little time on their hands. Now if you excuse me I have to go set some goals for my character for the upcoming D & D adventure and feed my kids a nice healthy dinner of cold alphagetti

 

Post a Comment

<< Home