Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tuesday, Nov. 14th

Listened to: Jars of Clay, All Points West (for, like, five minutes by accident)

Delivered to: 10

Conversations had: 1

Moments of Awkwardness: 2 (One really, but it was so awkward I counted it as two)

Judgments Passed: 5 (oooohh)

Things Learnt: Judgments flow more freely when I am in a hurry.

Memorable Moments: While I was accidently listening to All Points West, I was in a large hurry to get back to homebase for my deliveries on time. So, in my hurry, this country song (a bad country song, I might add) came on that talked about slowing down. I said no and why. Then the song said that there was a person asking why we should slow down. I understodd the song and agree with it. Life is quite quickly paced and soon everyone will just drop dead but I needed to get back to pick up my last two deliveries, deliver them and get to play practice on time. So there country song!

There is one older (about 100) lady who I deliver to and every time I deliver to her, she makes me dance with her. She says I need to learn. It kind of makes me feel uncomfortable as she grabs my hand, tells me to count to three and move around. So I just stand there. Then she asks me what's wrong with kids today. I said I don't really know, maybe we're in a hurry. Then she told me to breathe and enjoy life. I think I do. I just don't enjoy dancing with a hundred year old lady. I don't think I'm alone there.

Abuse Taken: 1 (I have decided to change this category, as of tomorrow. I know it didn't last very long but it's not what I want to portray on my blog. I will transition it tonight with the new, or slightly different, category. I had a personal revelation that the worst part about being a delivery person for me is not the abuse. At least that is some sort of response. I find that indifference is the worst, not even being treated nicely or horribly, just ignored. So now, the category will be...)

Indifference Experienced: 2

Abuse Given to Battlecat (My faithful steed who in no way deserves abuse. He deserves oil baths and antifreeze kisses): Too many quick accelerations and brakings. Sorry.

8 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger mennoknight said...

APW is so awful. I know the people who produce the show and they're saints but ugh I just can't listen to it. And that theme music!

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys ("delivery guy" and "mennoknight") should start a cbc blog and critique all of the shows and people on it. you could say things like "oh my! did you hear that Fluffy McTavish reading the two o'clock news!!! It was dreadful!"
Because that wouldn't be pretentious at all....

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger JEK said...

Is Fluffy McTavish a real person? He/She doesn't sound like a real person. Good job at making up that fake name. I like it. And yes, the theme music for that show is awful. I have to admit that I like it on Tuesdays when she has the Australian wine guy come in. That's interesting.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger mennoknight said...

I've never heard of this Fluffy McTavish!

I don't think I can critique the 2:00 news reader around these parts...I kinda have to live with her.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Savage said...

apw by accident... 5 minutes isnt an accident! hahahaha. And BTW fluffy mctavish is real! I knew this guy who saw her on the radio show one time. Does anybody want any cold aphagetti from the can?
If you real want the new just ask a ninja. At askaninja.com, this guy really knows his stuff. from the internet being done away with in the next year to which weapons you're allowed to bring to AKON this year

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Sebastian! said...

Jimjim! You should cherish the dance partners man...old people are some of the best people in the world. They have so many stories and tales and old dance moves. They could teach you a thing or three yo.

In other news...I got my dream job making beer for a living in Kelowna, met an awesome gal and bought the worst truck in the world. Drop me a line sometime
cbass

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm...so my random picking of a time for the news happened to be a bad one. That comment was in no way meant to make fun of anyone married to mennonknight. I think that the recipients of the sarcasm know who they are.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Savage said...

thank you anna, (was I even a recipient?). oh, I found out as well today that WCB doesn't actually cover hurt feelings.... I mean what is this world coming to!? think of all the yuppy's and city kids when they go to get work in the real world! I demand justice! where is the humanity!? how will they handle when people yell at them on the work site? this is terrible. there's just no compensation for this sort of thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home