Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday, February 16th

Listened to: Afganada, Freestyle, Static in Stereo, Age of Electric, Limblifter. I found myself in a "Todd Kerns" mood today for music. Also Ryan Dahle. They are much better together, I feel. It was very much a Vancouver indie-grunge-rock feel in my car today. If anybody knows what I'm talking about, that will help me not feel as old and dorky as I do now.

Delivered to: 30

Conversations had: 4

Moments of Awkwardness: 0 (one thing about this job, it has really prepared me to fact the gamete of awkward situations that life may throw at me. I give "mad props" to it for that)

Judgments passed: 2

Things Devoured: One Footlong Subway Melt on Wheat, 2 White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies, Three medium size diet coke, one grande Kenya blend, two pieces of gum

Things Learnt: My memory for music is far more advanced than I care to admit. I had not listened to a CD for, probably, three years. Before then, I did not listen to it much. Today, I was able to sing along to it without hearing the song and knowing when the lead singer changed the melody or used harmony. It was sad.

The adventure continues: There is no blood in her stool, but she is gassy*

There is something in existence called a "Doomsday Vault." It is used to store seeds of all storable vegetation and plant life in a safe place just in case some sort of disaster strikes. Not as cool as I thought it was going to be when I heard someone say "Doomsday Vault."

Memorable Moments: I delivered to a house next to a graveyard. There were cars parked all around the graveyard, so I thought there was a funeral. I got excited. I's never seen a funeral or a gathering in remembrance in a graveyard before. Only on the movies. Alas, there were no people in the graveyard. There was also a school nearby so the cars must have been there for some special school event. Bah. At least no one died. I guess.

Percentage of Notebook I use to Take Notes that got Covered with a Coffee Stain Today: 35%

*for clarification, see previous blogs

10 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger mennoknight said...

Funny, I described that same symptom to my doctor today.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger JEK said...

ewwwwwwwwww

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww - was it next to South Kamloops Secondary????? Cause I was parked right next to a graveyard. I parked on Douglas St. My brother's name is Douglas and I figured it wouldb help me remember where i parked.... anyhow - it was ProD day - that's why all the cars were at the school!!!!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger JEK said...

That's exactly where it was! It was a Pro-D day? That helps make the day make so much more sense. There were these kids playing on a trampoline around noon. I thought they were either homeschooled or punks. It turns out they were just enjoying their day off. It's nice when things make sense.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger mennoknight said...

By the way I'm reading that Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close book - did you find around halfway through you just wanted to give up on it? I really lost interest in it at a certain point...probably when I got tired of the characters. I can only take so many idiosyncrasies.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger JEK said...

I didn't find that I wanted to give up on that book. I really love his writing. There were some points, in grandma's letters mostly, where I just tried to breeze through. But I liked it. It compelled me. I don't even really know why. It just did.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How is the Kenya Blend? As an update to our previous reminiscing on my on going liking and dependancy on coffee, I think I am 75% of the way there. I have now switched to lattes.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger JEK said...

the Kenya blend is quite strong. It's not my favourite. I really enjoy Komodo Dragon. You might want to try lighter blends though. I'm not sure. But keep it up! Just try not to get addicted. It kind of sucks.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Savage said...

don't worry if anyone is addicted to caffiene its easily replaced with crack or some sort of other habit wich is easier to break in the end. Funny, there aren't too many coffee recovery houses. but then I suppose the coffee industry makes about the same as the drug trade in that they're selling ground plant matter in mosrly hot water. ya, we're mostly paying for heat I think when we buy a coffee. how much does heat cost nowadays? I'm not so good at math. but with the hundreds that flock through starbucks or similar establishment would surely cover it... I just wonder what they do with all that extra money?

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger JEK said...

Buy islands and dragons so that their CEO's can rule with an iron fist while flying on dragons and living in towers. And they will crush any competition that comes their way while thy hoard coffee beans and design new blends my breeding the beans together. Evil! (I say all this as I drink from a Starbucks mug)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home