Thursday, February 15, 2007

Wednesday, February 14th

Listened to: Freestyle, Matt Redman

Delivered to: 7

Conversations had: 1

Moments of Awkwardness: 1

Judgments Passed: 2

Things Devoured: Nada

Things Learnt: People are lonely

Memorable Moments: I turned down this side street that I often take to get to a group of retirement-type homes and there was this old man walking along the side of the road. As soon as I turned onto the road, he stopped, crossed his arms, began looking upset/constipated and just watched me come up to him, pass him and then, as I saw in my rearview mirror, drive away. I was not speeding, I was not swearing, I do not have dirty pictures on my car, I was not playing my music very loudly and my car is not fancy. Strange.

There is a man who often goes into dumpsters looking for anything useful who wanders around town with a shopping cart. I have seen him often and he is always alone. Today, there was a lady with a shopping cart walking with him. It was sweet. Happy Valentines Day, buddy.

During my drive to my last delivery of the day, the sky looked as though it were on fire. It was this beautiful orange and pink colour all over. It was a nice end to a fairly easy day.

Valentines Received: 0, which is okay. I don't think my wife would appreciate me receiving valentines from someone other than her. Plus, I know that I'm loved. I don't need cards to tell me, often anyway. Only sometimes.

1 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Savage said...

you know the old guy was one of your deliveries... you just didn't stop to drop off his suppositories!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home